RFD868ux-IND New Features:
- Fully compatible with RFD868x modems.
- Air data rate up to: 200kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption.
- RC PPM Passthrough with telemetry at the same time.
- SiK point to point firmware.
- Note: Currently due to the bandwidth limitations of the 868 modems Asynchronous Mesh and Multipoint Firmware are not officially supported for the 868X modems and correct operation of this code cannot be guaranteed
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x u.FL RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 15dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field upgradable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in India
- RF : 2x u.FL RF connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
- Frequency Range: 865-869 MHz
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 12, 56, 64, 100, 125, 200 and 224 kbit/sec (User settable, 200kbit default)*
- UART data transfer rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M baud (User settable, 57600 default)*
*note these values are correct as of version 3.07 SiK firmware
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm) max
- Receive Sensitivity: >110 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 25 mm (wide) x 33 mm (long) x 10.4 mm (thick) – Including RF Shield, PCB and Heatsink.
- Weight: 10g
- Mounting: Stand alone cable connection
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C
Software / GCS Support:
The software solution is an open source development called “SiK”. It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port. Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels. Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner. The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 200k air data rate. The RFD868ux manual is here: RFD900ux Manual The RFD868ux SiK software manual is here : RFD900x Peer-to-peer Manual
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air data rates
- Error correction routines, Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in real time
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
2 x RFD868ux-IND Radio Modems
1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Right Angle Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
4 x Antennas, 868-900MHz Half wave dipole 3dBi
1 x FTDI USB cable
4 x RFD900u antenna cable (RPSMA)
1 x 868ux to 8 way socket cable
1 x PIXH2 to RFD868ux Telemetry Cable 150 mm